Alzheimer’s Care, Companionship & Senior Care Services
We are committed in:
- recruiting, training and retaining competent staff
- valuing, supporting, recognizing and appreciating our staff who are our greatest asset
- providing a work environment that encourages personal enjoyment and enhances job satisfaction and performance through recognition and reward
- developing and maintaining positive relationships with the community, including local Home Care and Health Care personnel/organizations
- conducting our business in an accountable and responsible manner
- adhering to the professional code of ethics of the Home Care industry and applying continuous quality improvement measures throughout our Agency
What is Home Care?
More than 7.6 million Americans receive home care, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. The number is much greater when you consider that it does not include informal care which is care given by a friend or family member. Home care is generally defined as non-medical support services delivered at the home of the senior. The aim of home care is to allow seniors to remain at home longer rather than enter an assisted living community, nursing home or other type of senior care. Home care may be appropriate if a senior prefers to stay at home but needs assistance with activities of daily living.
Activities of daily living include bathing, dressing, and meal preparation but may also extend to assistance with transportation, paying bills, making appointments, and simply being there to provide companionship and emotional support. Home care services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be paid for directly by the client or through a variety of public and private funding sources such as Long Term Care Insurance, Workers Compensation, and Medicaid.
Need Homecare? We can provide quality and affordable care in the comfort of your own home. Our personal care attendants are English speaking, reliable, fully screened, bonded, employees of our agency with both liability and workers compensation insurance coverage. Contact us to discuss our variety of homecare options for every need and budget. There’s no place like home!
Three essential questions to ask – to ensure the company you choose has a strong set of core values:
- Communication – Will I be able to easily communicate with the personal attendant and have continued access to my case manager? This is the core of our approach. We believe that you should never feel there is a lack of control or communication with your personal attendant. For this reason, you are assigned a case manager who is always available.
- Integrity – Has a sense of trust been established? We believe this is the key to a comfortable relationship and the wellbeing of the client. That’s why we carefully screen all of our personal attendants who are members of a professional home care organization. They must also provide a written contract.
- Performance – Am I confident I will get the professional care promised and that there will be accountability and follow up? Homecare is dynamic; a family’s needs can change daily. You chose homecare to allow your loved one to remain independent and retain their quality of life, not to endure more paperwork and problem solving. We make a simple promise: we will be there for your family. If you’re not satisfied, we will work with you until you are.
Our Service Areas
Serving all of Hillsborough and Polk County, Tampa, Brandon, Carrollwood, New Tampa, Seminole Heights, Temple Terrace, Westchase, Plant City, Winter Haven and Lakeland.