Aid and Attendance
Would you like to receive 10-30 hours of home care each week paid for by the VA?
When people qualify, Veteran’s Administration benefits pay for 10 to 30 hours per week of aide services. UPLIFT HomeCare, with a team of Accredited VA Benefits Agents, can help you complete your application. For people who qualify, we will start personal aide services immediately – even before the VA processes your application.
Who Qualifies for Home Care Paid for by the VA?
- They are over age 65.
- They are a Veteran, a spouse of a living Veteran, or a surviving spouse of a Veteran.
- The Veteran served as “Active Military” status for at least 90 days with at least one of those days during wartime.
- The Veteran had an honorable discharge.
- The Veteran or surviving spouse meets income requirements.
- The Veteran, spouse of a living Veteran, or surviving spouse of a Veteran needs assistance with bathing, grooming, meal preparation, etc. on a regular basis in order to stay independent in their home or chosen place of residence.
Veterans And Surviving Spouses
In-home services include:
- Help with bathing
- Help with dressing
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Transferring to and from bed
- Personal care
- Respite care
- Light housekeeping
Once your benefit is approved with the VA, our team of Accredited VA Benefit Agents keeps working for you by continually monitoring your home health care, ensuring that you are in VA compliance for medical expenses, and providing you with community resources for additional assistance.